To empower student leaders of higher education organization (colleges and universities) with the mindset and skills to develop a culture on campus as well as beyond into their careers post graduation, that includes understanding across barriers and differences, compassion and coalition building.
Program and Curriculum
Our goal is to provide training, on going mentorship and a train the trainer model for continued sustainability of the programming and skills for years to come at your institution.
Typically departments such as Honors Program, Student Government, Community/Residential Assistants, Diversity and Inclusion organizations, LGTBQ, Health Center, Women's Studies, Americorps, Greek Life, All majors, and more, gain a great benefit from attending and being engaged with our program throughout the school years.
Services can include training staff and student leaders:
- Speaking: groups, orientations, retreats, commencement (example topics: being a global citizen, finding your voice, using true conversations to build bridges and redefining true success.)
- Training: How to communicate using TRUE Conversations style, why it is pivotal to leadership, cross cultural communication and the science behind connection and trust.
- Ongoing programming/support: How to produce a True Conversations podcast/video and discover avenues on campus that allow them to broadcast it and make accessible to both commuters as well as on campus residents.
- Consulting: How to identify core issues and groups of people on campus who could benefit from a platform where their voices can be heard, and how to identify and interview people from all sides of an issue in order to produce a True panel discussion and social event.
- Help mentor students and staff to identify who can help their programming stay on point with the needs of all voices on campus, encourage participation, and remain respectful to the overall mission of the University.
- Most common topics we can help you address: Race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomics, mental health, health, identity, generational differences, politics, career choices, and any other stigmatized issues specific to campus.
Why it Works
The art and finesse of using purposeful transparency builds trust and connection across all varieties of differences. It is science based. It is important that students learn this skill, as well as the critical thinking and exposure to people from all backgrounds of life, in order to grow as leaders who will put facts and well rounded perspectives above rumors and one sided conversations in the forefront of how they lead and influence our future.
We believe that students of higher education are the ones where we can make one of the biggest changes in developing compassionate and TRUE (transparent, real, uplifting and empowering) leaders. We look forward to finding out what your needs are, and seeing how we can provide the structure, person power and creativity to help your campus become one that develops leaders into the next generation of change makers.